Your destination: The sky! It’s a total rush and nothing can compare to it. It may be on your bucket list and you may want to try this more than anything; but there are a few things your really should know before you sign yourself up to go skydiving.
- It Takes Time. Learning to skydiving is a skill that takes time to learn. Just realize this as you get started and don’t get discouraged because you do get better at it.
- Don’t get psyched out. Push that fear away. Don’t let the negative thoughts creep in. Choose to continue learning and doing this until it takes hold of you.
- Get Your Tools. You have to get into that mental zone. It may be mediation, a particular food or smell, or lucky pair of socks. Whatever helps you, get it and use it.
- Be Smart. Sometimes you may want to simply refine your free falling skills, but use your energies to learn about the canopy that will get you to the ground safely. Do this at the beginning as you are first building your responses to this amazing sport. Ask questions, take a canopy control course or even get private canopy coaching.
- Label Yourself. Tell your friends and family that you are a skydiver. It feels good and helps you be accountable.
The sky is your limit, choose your destination wisely.
Courtesy of About.com: http://extremesports.about.com/od/skydiving/a/The-5-Things-Every-Skydiver-Must-Know-but-No-One-Will-Tell-You.htm